When I’m out networking, I usually run into someone who’s either taken a DISC assessment or has heard of DISC. That’s not surprising considering DISC has been around for many, many years and been used by many companies as a tool to help promote effective communication.
McCabe Training & Consulting is a proud distributor for TTI Success Insights (TTI SI), the industry leader for providing research-based, reliable assessment solutions. Recently, TTI SI published a white paper that outlines 15 things that set TTI SI Behaviors Assessments Apart.
- Analysis that separates natural Behaviors from adapted Behaviors
- External review documenting the highest Cronbach’s alpha in the marketplace
- Published Adverse Impact scores
- Peer-reviewed studies published in journals and for Research 1 Institutional dissertations
- Test-retest analysis over time to confirm reliability
- 384 different personalized DISC reports
- Wheel graphics that quickly show team relationships
- Predictability studies that confirm the connections between Behaviors and jobs
- Predictability studies that tie behaviors to higher grades
- Confirmation studies linking Ipsative survey results to real brain activity
- Confirmation studies that expose the value of avoidance in decision making
- A huge database used to define norming, including norming data for individual countries
- Assessments and reports available in 41 languages, which enhance the validity by using a person’s first language.
- Integrated reports that not only provide Behaviors and Motivators information, but also clearly expose the resulting interactions
- Assessments built upon at least one of five social sciences that each add to our understanding of human interactions and success
Download the detailed article by clicking on this link.
So, next time someone asks you about DISC or invites you to take an assessment, remember they are not created equal.